My Online Schooling Parents and Carers
Parent and Carer Responsibilities
Below are the key responsibilities you have as a parent or carer when your child is enrolled at My Online Schooling. These will ensure your child is engaged and supported in their learning, both in the classroom and at home:
- Safeguarding at My Online Schooling requires pupils to attend lessons independently unless prior consent has been granted from the Inclusion team
- Have regular conversations with your child surrounding keeping safe online, including knowing who to talk to if they feel anxious or worried
- We recommend regular monitoring of your child's online activities
- Encourage your child to actively participate in lessons, including use of microphone and webcam
- Ensure your child is equipped with the resources necessary for every lesson
- Take part in discussing issues concerning your child’s education and progress, health and wellbeing with the school
- Engage in any communication requests from the school in a timely manner
- Submission of an Absence Form via your MOS Parent App to inform the school of any absences and the reasoning
- Keep the school informed of any changes to personal information including address and contact changes, health records or information that impacts a pupil's education with us, for example, any Special Educational Needs or medical diagnosis
Everything you need right at your finger tips
Through the parent app, you can do the majority of your school admin and find the information you need for questions you may have.
Families are encouraged to check the Parent App at least on a weekly basis to stay informed about their child’s progress. The Parent App facilitates excellent communication, provides extensive information and gives you constant peace of mind.
When you enrol your child, you receive an email invitation to join the Parent App. There are also step by step video tutorials on how to use the app in your Success Pack. Please contact your Success Coordinator if you have any questions.
Please follow the link below to see a short demo clip for an overview of how the app works.
Getting in touch
If you are an enrolled parent or carer, and you have any questions, please get in touch with your dedicated Success Coordinator via email and they will respond as soon as possible.
If you have an immediate query, please use the live chat function in the bottom right hand corner. Our school secretaries are on hand to help. Live chat is available Monday to Friday, from 8am to 4pm BST.
Ready to learn more
If your child is not yet enrolled at the school and you would like to know more information, please get in touch via our enquiry form below, and our Admissions team will get back to you shortly